Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Madonna and the 'Mats

From: widener!oak.NoSubdomain.NoDomain!schrey@uunet.UU.NET (Timothy M. Schreyer)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1993 22:51:03 GMT
Subject: Madonna and the 'Mats
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: widener!oak.VFL.Paramax.COM!schrey@uunet.UU.NET (Timothy M. Schreyer)

  To quickly follow-up my own post with an observation:

  The Replacements who do the song "I'll Be You" which was mentioned
  in the previous article have a nickname which is "the 'Mats" which
  is short for "the Placemats" which comes directly from the name.

  It is just too much of a coincidence that the last message was
  titled "Madonna on the Mats" and then goes on to talk about turntable-mats
  and the Replacements.

  Way too spooky.

       Tim
--
 Timothy M. Schreyer                         schrey@vfl.paramax.com
 Software Technology R&D                     (215) 648-2475