Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Madonna on the Mats

From: widener!oak.NoSubdomain.NoDomain!schrey@uunet.UU.NET (Timothy M. Schreyer)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1993 22:46:12 GMT
Subject: Re: Madonna on the Mats
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: widener!oak.VFL.Paramax.COM!schrey@uunet.UU.NET (Timothy M. Schreyer)

In article <9302182221.AA10825@whistler.sfu.ca>, Fiona_McQuarrie@sfu.ca writes:

|> P.S. On a somewhat more serious note, I was in a restaurant last week and
|> heard an FM-radio style pop/rock song that was based on the line "You can
|> be me for a while, and I'll be you". Same idea as Running Up that Hill but
|> executed with considerably less insight and depth. Anyone have any idea who
|> this song is by?

   This is a great song by a great band called the Replacements.  They are
   now defunct but were from Minneapolis and fronted by Paul Westerberg.
   "I'll Be You" is one of their more "pop" offerings, and it is more
   about two PEOPLE switching places than making "a deal with God".

        Tim
--
 Timothy M. Schreyer                         schrey@vfl.paramax.com
 Software Technology R&D                     (215) 648-2475