Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Miranda Sex Garden Live (2nd Posting)

From: "S.Ward-Smith" <pcxsws@unicorn.nott.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 93 18:34:37 GMT
Subject: Miranda Sex Garden Live (2nd Posting)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.nott.ac.uk

Hi, I posted this about 5 days ago, but it hasn't gone up yet, and since
some of it is of definite interest to the Miranda Sex Garden fans who are also
Kate fans, I thought I would try again.
Sorry if this is any trouble, and if it got through and you haven't had
time to post it yet, forgive me for my impatience.

Miranda Sex Garden Live - The Wherehouse, Derby 29/1/93

On the 29th of January Miranda Sex Garden played Derby as part of a small
UK tour to promaote a new single "Play" and preview tracks off their
forthcoming album "Suspiria" (Out February 22nd).

Most of the material played was from this new album, with a few tracks from
"Iris", "Falling", "Lovely Joan" and "Fear" thrown in as well.
The new tracks are absolutely stunning, the group put in a first class
performance. The drummer, and guitarists did a fine job at backing the three
lead singers/violinsists, the vocals all came together to produce a wonderful
three way harmony.

It's actually quite hard to describe the music, wonderfully eerie, like
something half inbetween dream and reality, parts, when all the violins were
being played were like "Jig of Life" on acid!!
A lot of the new tracks are dancier than previous material, and this new
direction appears very promising.
The evening was rounded off by "Gush forth my tears" as an encore.
What more can I say, they are breaking completely new ground, see them if you
can or buy a copy of "Suspiria" if you cannot.
* Steve Ward-Smith          * "She takes the night train with her bible of*
* pcxsws@unicorn.nott.ac.uk * dreams, a suitcase pretty pink, a cassette  *
*                           * of fresh screams."                          *