Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: experiment iv - lyrics???

From: ledgerj@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Jim Ledger)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1993 20:26:34 EST
Subject: Re: experiment iv - lyrics???
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: netnews@sei.cmu.edu (Netnews)

In article <18307@umd5.umd.edu> jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka) writes:

>All that notwithstanding, writers, who by all accounts know better, do
>occasionally use incorrect grammar.  My favorite (and the most personally

Even goddesses are not immune to temptation -- KT herself has succumbed in
the past. The one I find most annoying is in "Warm and Soothing," where
she sings:

       "...and I'm afraid BY the way we grow old..."
                          ^^

Cringe. Hmm, maybe she means "a-frayed by" -- yeah! That's the ticket! I
feel better now -- never mind! ;^)

Jim