Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

experiment iv - lyrics???

From: eric.walker@channel1.com (Eric Walker)
Date: 4 Feb 93 (09:49)
Subject: experiment iv - lyrics???
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

UG>I hope there is answer to this, the QUINTESSENTIAL Kate Bush question -
UG>in Experiment IV the lyric says "so they told us that they wanted a noise
UG>that would kill someone form a distance, so ............. ??????!!!!!!!!!

As far as I can tell, the lyric goes something like:

     They told us what they wanted
     Was a sound that could kill someone from a distance
     So we go ahead (?)
     And the meters are over in the red -
     It's a mistake in the making!

That third line is still confusing.  It sounds like "So we go ahead,"
but that's poor grammar.  "So we'll go ahead," perhaps?

"Go ahead" obviously meaning "Given the go-ahead," as in given
permission to proceed.
---
 ~ SLMR 2.1a ~ Calcium Anthropology: The study of milkmen.
--
Channel 1 (R)   Cambridge, MA