Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Babooshka

From: msubu@csv.warwick.ac.uk (Mr E D G Robertson)
Date: 4 Feb 1993 23:25:27 -0000
Subject: Re: Babooshka
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9302041655.AA02607@hivnet.ubc.ca>, Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca writes:

|> I remember somebody mentioning the name of the person who designed the
|> costume but does anybody know the idea behind it?  What styles were used
|> and where inspiration came from?  I'd also be REALLY interested to know
|> what Kate thought of it and if she had anything to do with it's conception.

	It was inspired by a painting by Christos Achilleos, a well-known
fantasy artist, and is more or less a direct copy of the costume in said picture.

	I'm afraid that's about all I recall offhand, although I know I've seen
the name of the woman who made the costume somewhere...

	Hope that was of some help,

 \_____    \____/  \____/    _____/       (msubu@csv.warwick.ac.uk)
  \_____                    _____/  (UUCP, ...!mcsun!uknet!warwick!msubu)
     \___________  ___________/    We'llSplitYourPersona,SeeYourMindDivide,
               /    \                  PullYouApart,TakeYouBothForARide
               ~~~~~~