Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Babooshka

From: Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 93 08:55:46 PST
Subject: Babooshka
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Last night a friend and I were looking at the Babooshka poster and discussing
Kate's "Amazon" costume.  We were noticing how different parts of the
costume evoke different styles or periods:  the breast-plate makes one
think of Rome, while the clothes (uh, what little there is of them) being
the colour they are evoke thoughts of Egypt.  The boots look like they are
from somewhere else entirely.

I remember somebody mentioning the name of the person who designed the
costume but does anybody know the idea behind it?  What styles were used
and where inspiration came from?  I'd also be REALLY interested to know
what Kate thought of it and if she had anything to do with it's conception.

Anyone?

Andrea.