Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KBOO, Kate, and Bolero

From: johnz@eaglet.rain.com (John Zimmer)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1993 13:42:56 GMT
Subject: Re: KBOO, Kate, and Bolero
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

toc@digitalk.com (Tim O'Connor) writes:

>REGARDING                KBOO, Kate, and Bolero
>people:

>Portland, Oregon LoveHounders might be interested in checking out KBOO (90.7
>on your FM dial) Friday mornings betwixt 8 am (perhaps sooner) and 9 am.
>Somone's running a show featuring exclusively women musical artists and
>hasn't yet failed to play Kate (tho' I only discovered it a few weeks back
>so have a very small sample size). The rest of the content is quite
>outstanding anyway so who cares if Kate doesn't appear for a few weeks or so
>(gosh, did I actually write that?).

The program in question is called Instant Breakfast, 7:30 - 9:00 am, usually
hosted by Sylvia Hackathorn.  Doesn't play exclusively female artists, but
mostly.  It's a great program, where I first heard Loreena McKennitt.  Sounds
kinda similar (in playlist, anyway) to Vickie's program.

John Zimmer
johnz@eaglet.rain.com