Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Japanese TWW boxed set..a commentary.

From: acsbk@umassd.edu ("Organon")
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1993 04:47:57 GMT
Subject: Japanese TWW boxed set..a commentary.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@umassd.edu (USENET News System)

	ok. maybe I am jsut missing something here. Because of all the
noise about the Japanese release of TWW boxed, I had a friend of mine
buy it over break in Tokyo for me ( and it cost me (!) $140.)

	Now from what I have heard in the group is that these CDs are
supposed to be higher quality or something? I dont know. I dont even
have a CD player yet, and I bought the set because I was told it should
be $160.. And so here's my commentary, having not even listened to it.

	THE WHOLE STINKING ANTHOLOGY IS IN JAPANESE. =) Except for
titilating words like 'Monty Python', 'Brazil' and such.. Now my japanese
reading comprehension is nigh-0 with the exception of the character
'no' which means 'of'.. so the Anthology I will have to repurchase from
EMI America.. The rest is just nit picky things.. 'Wuthering Heights'
is spelled 'Wethering Heights' on the back of one albumn, and the commentary
in each CD's case interior about each song is.. you guessed it. In Japanese.

	I know, I know.. 'duh. what did you expect.' But the CDs LOOK
simply gorgeous. well designed, and the boxed set came in its thick
clear plastic box/bag thing, and the cd's like any japanese manga or
newspaper, went from right to left, numbered from right side, etc.

	So I ask, is it that they are supposed to sound better or what?
I would like to see the US Boxed set just to compare art and typographical
layout (yeah I'm one of those people) and the photos included in the
little albumn that was on top of the anthology..

	Also.. I thought that in those other 2 cds there would be a copy
of 'organic acid' but alas, no such luck..

Bret Kulakovich
ACSBK@UMASSD.EDU

p.s. Yes, Andrea, we all love K8's hair, and I havent even been privileged
to se Love and Anger yet..