Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: a _lilys_ question (no KB content)

From: peregoyb@miki.pictel.com (Bill Peregoy)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1993 15:32:11 GMT
Subject: Re: a _lilys_ question (no KB content)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> Yesterday at Tower I saw a (new?) CD from a group called _lilys_ or maybe
> _the_lilys_ . I've haven't heard anything from it on the radio; and it looked
> interesting, maybe-like etherial/oceanic. Can anyone tell me more about this
> CD, esp. what style of music it is?
>
>      pow(Thanks, Max);
>      Chris Conlon

Lilys are a band based out of the DC area.  They have both a 7"
and this CD "In The Presence of Nothing" available on Slumberland
Records.  Lilys sound a lot like My Bloody Valentine, but on a much
smaller budget.  Some of their stuff blends the MBV sound with more
of a Dinosaur Jr. edge.  During the recording of these 2 records,
the shared a guitarist Archie with the band Velocity Girl.  Since Archie
left the band to persue Velocity Girl full time, they've been playing
out as a three piece and the Dinosaur Jr. influence is a lot more
prominent.  This is good stuff, but don't buy it expecting something
strikingly original.  Oh yeah, no female vocals either, if that's
what you're looking for :)

Slumberland also has a lot more great music.  You can contact them
at.  A SASE should get you a full catalog.

Slumberland Records
Box 14731
Berkeley, CA 94701-4731

Bill