Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

An American Renewal (of the PMRC)

From: tipper@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Tipper Gorebot)
Date: 21 Jan 1993 12:31:33 -0500 (EST)
Subject: An American Renewal (of the PMRC)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Dear Concerned Citizen,

In view of the drunken debauchery that has marked the coming of the new
administration, I thought it important to remind concerned parents that
we at the Parents Music Resource Center remain determined to safeguard
the morals of the youth of this country.  It's unfortunate that Bill and
Hillary Clinton may have sent the wrong message by exposing Chelsea to
a virtual pagan orgy on MTV on inauguration day.  It's important to
remember, though, that Bill Clinton does not always mean what he says
or even what he does.

As one of the leaders in the creation of the PMRC, I want to assure you
that I fully intend to use all the influence now at my disposal to further
the cause of our organization.

Some may suggest that the previous administration has already done
everything possible to suppress the kind of immoral music that so
threatens our youth today.  We feel that there is still much more to be
done.  Now we are finally in a position to be sure that today's music is
not only morally correct, but also politically correct.

As you know, the last time we communicated we were deeply concerned about
the corrupting influence of one Ms. Kate Bush.  Almost three years later
we are still hard at work trying to determine just how much George Bush
knew about Ms. Bush's heathen influences and when.  George Bush claims
that he is "completely unrelated" to Ms. Bush, and that he was completely
"out of the loop" on her paganistic tendencies.  Faced with a complete
lack of evidence, we have no choice but to call for the appointment of
a special pursicuter to spend millions of dollars to no particular
end.

In case you have forgotten the threat of this "other" Bush, here are
our preliminary findings, first posted almost three years ago:

All We Ever Look For: Explicit references to breasts, wombs, tombs and drugs.
All the Love: Death.
And Dream of Sheep: Drugs, specifically poppies - the source of opium.
Army Dreamers: Death.
Babooshka: Infidelity.
The Big Sky: Sacrilege.
Blow Away: Death and sacrilege; the very _thought_ that Keith Moon and Sid
              Vicious could be let into Heaven!
Breathing: Anti-Nuclear propaganda.
Burning Bridge: Arson.
Cloudbusting: Quackery.
Coffee Homeground: Poisoning.
December Will Be Magic Again: Glorifying a known homosexual (Oscar Wilde).
Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake: Suicide.
The Dreaming: Alcoholism.
Egypt: References to demons and possible references to the female sexual
          organs.
The Empty Bullring: Death and mutilation. Sacrilege.
Experiment IV: A sound that can kill; the avowed goal of every Heavy Metal                band.
Feel It: A dirty, dirty song.
Get Out Of My House: "Devil Dreams", Human transmogrification into animals.
Hammer Horror: Occultism.
Heads We're Dancing: "They say the Devil is a charming man.." It isn't even
        _backwards_! Appalling!
Houdini: Occultism, French Kissing, Sacrilege.
Hounds Of Love: Bestiality?
The Infant Kiss: Definite Pedophilia. This song is beyond redemption.
In The Warm Room: Another dirty song, this one about prostitution.
James And The Cold Gun: Gunplay. Alcohol. Gambling. Sex.
Kashka From Baghdad: Homosexuality and voyeurism.
The Kick Inside: Incest, suicide and Godless mythology.
Kite: Demonic entities; vis. "Beelzebub".
L'amour Looks Something Like You: Sex, sex and more sex. "...that feeling
        of sticky love inside".
Leave It Open: Burglary, Satanic backwards messages.
The Man With the Child in His Eyes: Possible pedophilia.
Mother Stands For Comfort: Murderers.
Night Of The Swallow: Criminal activities.
Ne T'en Fui Pas: We don't know French, but it _sounds_ dirty.
Not This Time: Profanity (we think...)
Oh England My Lionheart: Death, Kidnapping, Sacrilege.
Pull Out The Pin: Violence and drugs (Hashish).
Ran-Tan Waltz: Alcohol, infidelity and a slang reference to the male organ.
Rocket's Tail (For Rocket): We couldn't figure this one out, but we don't
              think we'd like it if we could.
Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God): Sacrilege, plain and simple. God
              does not make _deals_!
Sat In Your Lap: "Some say that Heaven is hell..." Hum-m-pfh!
Saxophone Song: Reference to bowels.
The Sensual World: This song is beyond redemption. Based on a pornographic
        novel by James Joyce.
Strange Phenomena: Menstruation, occultism.
Symphony In Blue: Death and sex; need we say more.
Them Heavy People: Yet more sacrilege.
There Goes A Tenner: Criminal activity.
Violin: Yet more satanic references.
Waking The Witch: Where to begin?
Warm And Soothing: Alcohol.
Watching You Without Me: Occultism.
The Wedding List: Murder and revenge.
Wow: Homosexuality.
Wuthering Heights: Occultism.

We continue to hear that the covers of these albums are shocking
displays of the sexual exploitation of women.  Unfortunately, we still
can't them back from Chelsea to check.

Please help us protect the morals of the youth of this God-fearing
country!

					Tipper Gorebot
					Office of the Vice President
					& PMRC Headquarters