Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Brits,collections and Kate on Inrternet?

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 93 23:19 CST
Subject: Re: Brits,collections and Kate on Inrternet?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

<9301192032.AA01735@ash26> wrote:

About the Box Set:
>That was a rhetorical question as the answer is ofcourse MONEY! ,but I am
>sure if Kate had an opinion on the matter she would allow the book and
>singles on CD to be released seperatly(I think?).A

   Sorry, but the Box Set *was* Kate's decision. A box set was proposed
by EMI and well known fans were asked for input. Andy Marvick and others
created a wonderful set of songs for an all inclusive collection,
including a well thought out arrangement. This was sent to EMI and lost.
The box set was apparently put on the back burner for a while, then one
day Kate called the folks from Homeground and asked them to get a list
together for her for the next morning. They were able to get a fairly
good list together on short notice, but missed a few. Kate then looked
the list over and vetoed several of the rarest songs as being too much
trouble to obtain (the studio version of _Another Day_ and the other
PG song, _Davey_, etc.)

   The principle reason for the inclusion of all the albums? Kate wanted
the Box Sets as Christmas prezzys. Really.

> Finally before I sign off I wonder if there would be any chance of Kate
>contributing to such a maling net like Lovehounds.She contributes to her
>Fanzine so why not this fanzine.She has clearly an interest in computers(see
>"A deeper understanding -The sensual World) so maybe it would be worth
>trying to let Kate be aware of us....Twas just a thought.

   No. There is no chance at all. Kate was interviewed by someone from
Love-Hounds and it did not go well.

   Sorry.

                                  Chris Williams
                                     chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu