Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Brits,collections and Kate on Inrternet?

From: u9031227@athmail1.causeway.qub.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 93 20:32:18 GMT
Subject: Brits,collections and Kate on Inrternet?
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: u9031227@athmail1.causeway.qub.ac.uk

Hi there LoveHounds,

 I too heard Kate metioned on Entertainment express on
BBC1(UK),concerning being nominated for best female artist at the
BPI awards.I agree with the point that it is obviously EMI plugging
her forthcoming single/album but I think it is also a valid point that it is a
promotion of the British music industry so why the hell not
nominate are most creative artists ie Kate,Peter Gabriel etc...
By the way ,WHEN IS KATE'S NEW ALBUM COMING OUT,WHATS IT CALLED WHENS HER
SINGLE COMING OUT....cant wait until they are added to my collection.
    On the subject of collections( what a link!) I think the question should
be raised about how annoying box sets can be.I have just recently completed
buying all Kates Albums on CD replacing the old tape formats I used to
have.Eveything is fine and dandy when along comes 'This Womans Work',all her
albums on CD all her singles,a glossy book,you name it!All for the princely
sum of one hundred pounds sterling.Why can't record companies release the
other material seperatly aswell, for people who already pocess her albums?
That was a rhetorical question as the answer is ofcourse MONEY! ,but I am
sure if Kate had an opinion on the matter she would allow the book and
singles on CD to be released seperatly(I think?).Anyway does anyone know if
you can get the Lionheart Special edition in the UK ?? Please let me know.
 Finally before I sign off I wonder if there would be any chance of Kate
contributing to such a maling net like Lovehounds.She contributes to her
Fanzine so why not this fanzine.She has clearly an interest in computers(see
"A deeper understanding -The sensual World) so maybe it would be worth
trying to let Kate be aware of us....Twas just a thought.

Toodle PIP! and may what ever is coming through the trees not catch you up!

        |  "If you could see me fly"                       |
        |            Allen(how do get a real sig anyway)   |