Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori Amos on the Tonight Show

From: "N. Richard Caldwell" <nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 17 Jan 1993 13:38:40 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Tori Amos on the Tonight Show
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

tjc50@juts.ccc.amdahl.com (Terry Carroll),
  in article <f3Qp02sK31XU01@JUTS.ccc.amdahl.com> writes:

> In article <1993Jan13.124426.9374@walter.bellcore.com>,
> bellcore!oscar.bellcore.com!ksb@uunet.uu.net (Ken Berczik) writes:
> > I just thought I'd mention that Tori Amos was on the Tonight Show last
> > night (January 12).
>
> I caught it midway, and heard her do "Winter".  From the context, it seem
> like that was her second song on the show.  What was her first, "Crucify?

Yes, Tori opened with _Crucify_ but unfortunately she performed it with the
Tonight Show band and the mix was terrible.  You couldn't here the piano at
all and what the band was playing only remotely resembled _Crucify_.  Tori
seemed very uncomfortable during that first song, either nervous or
distracted by having to play with a strange band.  As far as performances
with a band go, the Letterman appearance was much better.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  nrc@bsbbs.Columbus.OH.US