Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TOYS

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 93 17:13:23 -0500
Subject: Re: TOYS
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Larry@apple writes:

>In addition, I wonder if anyone else thought that the opening theme
>song sounded *very* much like a KaTe KomposiTion?

I assume you're talking about "The Closing of the Year" (as opposed to
the opening song of the movie/soundtrack which is actually excerpted from
Tchaikovsky).  Just the other day I was playing the album for a friend,
and as soon as "The Closing of the Year" started, he looked over and
asked, "Kate?"  He's a non-rabid fan with maye 4 of her albums.

On a vaguely related note, I heard Bel Canto's "Unicorn" on the radio
this morning and was dumbstruck trying to figure out who it might be.  It
sounded (to my bleary morning ears) a _lot_ like KaTe though I was quite
certain it wasn't.  It was very odd that I didn't recognize it, though,
as I have (and massively overplay) Bel Canto's first two albums, and I've
heard "Unicorn" before.

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka  | "Fairies are the perfect people to do this sort of work |
|                  |  Biologically, their upper bodies are strong enough to  |