Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Comic Strip song

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 93 17:20:10 GMT
Subject: Re: Comic Strip song
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: st@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk

nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk's message of Tue, 5 Jan 93 14:45:53 BST:

> I guess most of the UK Lovehounds must still be on holiday as this seems to
> be the first mention of this programme.

Ahem.... I posted about this on Dec 22nd - definitely appeared on
r.m.g here the same day too (ask Evan!)....

   Just got a note from the KBC this morning. There is "no projected
   release date" for KBVII but only "some time in 1993". More excitingly,
   the Comic Strip film to be shown on BBC2 on Xmas Eve(?) "features a new
   song by Kate called 'Home for Christmas'" !!! (as far as I remember,
   this film is about Xmas turkeys getting their revenge or something like
   that...)

> Yes the song was written by Kate (the credits at the end confirmed this).
> The song was played twice (at least - I missed the start of the programme)
> once during the programme and then again over the credits. The vocal parts

Yep, twice.

> were just accompanied by the acoustic guitar but these were followed by
> short instrumental breaks were more instruments joined in. Although it

Apart from the guitar, I just heard some brass between the second-last
and last verse. I think this sparse an arrangement (and also acoustic
guitar accompanyment) is quite unusual for KaTe. Maybe a foretaste of KBVII?

Didn't sound like something she spent a lot of time on though, IMHO.
--
Scott Telford, Service Division,          / "Can I assume you're pissed out of
Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,      /  your head on 'Big Sky', on the new