Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Comic Strip song

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 93 14:45:53 BST
Subject: Comic Strip song
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (user alias)

>From: Clive Backham <mcdd1!clive@uunet.UU.NET>
>
>Just a quick note to say that this year's Comic Strip Christmas Special
>in the UK included a song by Kate that I've not heard of before. It was
>called "Home For Christmas", and featured just Kate's vocal and acoustic
>guitar. Quite a simple song but rather poignent(sp?). It wouldn't surprise
>me if Kate didn't write it.
>Is this really a new song, or an old one I've never heard about?

I guess most of the UK Lovehounds must still be on holiday as this seems to
be the first mention of this programme.

Yes the song was written by Kate (the credits at the end confirmed this).
The song was played twice (at least - I missed the start of the programme)
once during the programme and then again over the credits. The vocal parts
were just accompanied by the acoustic guitar but these were followed by
short instrumental breaks were more instruments joined in. Although it
was quite short I thought Kate's voice was on good form and I enjoyed the
"twnagy" guitar accompaniment. WOuld have made a good B-side for a Xmas
single.

Neil
--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk