Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1992 11:18:35 +1100
To: rec-music-gaffa@munnari.OZ.AU

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: boek@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Christopher Boek)
Subject: Re: kate and sick ideas
Sender: news@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1992 00:13:17 GMT

rhogan@chaph.usc.edu (Ronald Hogan) writes:

>what he means.  Towards those ends, a juxtaposition:

>If you don't get people you learn to take, and I will take you-- Gabriel

Actually, it's quite different :

"If you don't get _given_, you learn to take, and I will take you"

which makes a little more sense, really.

>I will say this:  Family Snapshot made me realize the essential humanity
>of Lee Harvey Oswald, even if the song isn't about him, in the exact same
>way that Cloudbusting made Wilhelm and Peter Reich human beings to me.

Personally, I don't think it's so much _about_ JFK, as it is influenced
by it.

All IMHO naturally.

Chris.

--
|Christopher Boek                               boek@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU|
|  Dept ElecEng, University of Melbourne,  Parkville Vic 3052 Australia |