Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Queer" Women

From: Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 92 11:59:50 PST
Subject: "Queer" Women
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

A few days ago somebody asked about music by lesbians (I'm not fond of the
word "queer", but I suppose that besides the point).

Well, what about Tracy Chapman and Melissa Ethridge?  It's definately not
obvious, but it's definately there.

As for other groups, what about Erasure, the Pet Shop Boys, Frankie Goes to
Hollywood (or did someone already say that).  Of course this bunch is
mainstream.  Oh, wait there's also Jane Siberry, who is straight but very
positive and Canadian readers will remember the Parchute Club.  Neither
of them were particularly mainstream.

Andrea.