Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

my initiation to Kate

From: alanb@Quality1.attmail.com
Date: 16 Nov 1992 10:02:32 -0600
Subject: my initiation to Kate
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: daemon@cs.utexas.edu

Greetings!

I had never heard of Kate Bush until I saw her perform on Saturday Night Live
(was it somewhere around 1979?).  I was blown away, even though I wasn't
particularly fond of (pop or folk) female vocalists back then.

Then Christmas came and I wanted to find the perfect gift for a female friend
of mine who was more interested in folk music than I.  I went to (the record
store) Plastic Fantastic in Bryn Mawr, PA and decided to buy "Never For Ever"
(Kate's most recent at that time) for my friend.  Once I had grabbed a copy of
the LP for her, it occured to me that I should get one for myself as well.

I've been hooked ever since!

Take care,

Alan Benjamin
Internet: alanb@quality1.attmail.com