Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Soda Farls

From: u9031227@athmail1.causeway.qub.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 92 20:06:29 GMT
Subject: Soda Farls
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: u9031227@athmail1.causeway.qub.ac.uk

Hello Lovehounds!

 Being a resident of the Emerald Isle, I think it is my duty to
inform the lovehounds of the great Irish local delicacy of Soda Farls.Pleas
pay attension now....

 The recipe is as follows

    You will need:-
        1/2 lb Plane Flour
        1 oz Margarine
       1/2 Tea spoon of salt
       1/2 Tea sppon baking soda
        and buttermilk to mix.

Measure and mix dry ingredients.Cut and rub in margarine.Mix with
buttermilk ,on a floured board, to a nice dough and roll 1/4in thick.
Cut into 4 pieces.Place on hot girdle(grill).Cooks 5-7
minutes on each side and cool...
  For oven soda add 2 teaspoon of sugar.Cut into two and roll out
1/2in thick and bake in hot oven.

 I am sure kAte would love it! No dead animals involved!!!

 Anyway I hope you keep this recipe under your hat as it is a great
family trade secret so shusshh!

 If anyone else has any recipies for tradional dishes from their country please
tell....

                Its coming for me through the trees!!
                            Allen G

P.S Martin@kawa put me up to this!!!