Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@ukc.ac.uk
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 92 13:55:57 GMT
To: rec-music-gaffa@uknet.ac.uk

From: spt1@ukc.ac.uk (S.P.Thomas)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Ticket off
Date: 14 Nov 92 13:55:55 GMT

In article <1992Nov11.193714.11164@midway.uchicago.edu> hasn@midway.uchicago.edu writes:
>Kate Bush ... would never denounce the thief.....shes
>an incredibly leftwing anti-capitalist person.

Actually, I seem to recall Kate saying something about her views on
politics in the interview in the videos for The Sensual World (in the UK,
anyway.  I think the interview originally came from one she did for VH1).
She basically thought that politics never achieved anything, only actions
did.  Ron, could you drag out the bit I mean?

Anyway, from this, I think she is basically apolitical, and concentrates
her energies on much more constructive things (as she perhaps sees it).
Some may see this as a left-wing stance, although I can't see why.

Keep well,

Stephen
--
| "You've been having a nightmare.  | Stephen Thomas -------------------------|