Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jeux San Kate too

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 92 22:56:49 EST
Subject: Jeux San Kate too
To: kate.;@pilot.njin.net
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Peter Gabriel..Tori Amos..

In article <9212272223.AA26729@whistler.sfu.ca> Fiona_McQuarrie@sfu.ca writes:
>Are you absolutely positive that it is The Blessed Kate singing "jeux sans
>frontieres" on The Blessed Peter's "Games without Frontiers"? It certainly
>sounds like the voice of the Angel Gabriel to me. Ms. Bush's voice is very
>distinct on the same record's "No self-control" (in contrast to Mr. Gabriel
>singing the same line), and at least to these jaded ears the voice singing
>"jeux sans frontieres" doesn't sound like Ms. Bush.

 It's definitely Kate. I understand the confusion because I was a Kate/Peter
 fan for years before I truly believed it was Kate too. I also thought it
 was just Peter using his high voice. Whew! After tons of "you mean you
 didn't hear it as Kate???" responses over the years, it's nice to know
 that I'm not the only one!

 Vickie

"You say the darndest things Marina"