Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: PG in re KB on MTV:

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 92 23:53 CST
Subject: Re: PG in re KB on MTV:
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Pete Hartman :
>>Not only that, but the host has to read the same inane script that
>>Mr. Kendall did.  And they usually don't smile about it like he
>>did, so it's even worse.  Peter seemed really dull as a VJ reading
>>from the screen in front of him.

Drewcifer:
>UGH!  I'm glad I missed it then.  That's what I really hated about 120: the
>God-awful scripts, and the lame replaying of an unvarying set of videos.
>But what can you do? :)

   Get a dish and aim it at Anik B1, transponder #6, MuchMusic. We used
to set a S-VHS tape and record six hours stretches of this channel when
I used to work in Kansas City. I'm sure that if this was my only music
channel I'd get bored by it, but it was much better than Empty-Vee.
Real VJs in a real set, actually talking in spaces between videos,
rather than recording all the talk in one 2-hour session for a 5-hour
show. Letters from real people and *requests*, rather than Empty-Vee's
"Dial MTV" stupidity. "The most popular videos of the day" insures
the lowest common denominator of taste.

   Kinda makes you miss Night Flight. Oh sure, a pale imitation still
airs, but they haven't produced a new segment in years.

>>So any other opinions of the likelihood of KaTe actually having an
>>album ready by spring?
>
>Peals of patronizing laughter.

   Do you wonder if Kate is aware of the kind of cynicism she creates
in her fans? She'd probably freak if she was made aware of it.

                              Chris Williams
                              chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu