Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's music vs. others

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: 11 Dec 1992 17:59:52 -0800
Subject: Re: Kate's music vs. others
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9212111838.AA26235@relay1.UU.NET> LAUREN@HARVARDA.HARVARD.EDU (Lauren Caulton) writes:
>Just to weigh in I continue to find Kate Bush's music incredibly
>inventive and original. I've only heard one song by Tori Amos, and
>it didn't interest me. And who is/are Happy Rhodes? And Little Earthquakes?

Happy Rhodes are a British "rave" band, sort of like New Order, except
with drum machines and synths.  Little Earthquakes is Tori's first
backup band, who split from her early in their career and changed
their name.  I forgot what they changed it to, but they have two
must-have albums for anyone who likes Kate-like music, one called
"Smell the Glove", and another just out this year called "Break Like
The Wind".

I only heard one song by Tori, too, "Smells Like Teen Spirit", but
it was all grungy and I didn't understand any of the words.  Maybe
it was someone doing a cover of her song, I don't know.

- Stev0 the honest and helpful

"Oh, I never met anyone quite like you..." - Happy Rhodes