Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori in UK? Seen on BBC2 with Jools Holland

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 92 23:14:03 GMT
Subject: Re: Tori in UK? Seen on BBC2 with Jools Holland
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <1992Dec11.202815.5934@spectrum.xerox.com> cobrin.sbd-e@rx.xerox.com (Steve Cobrin) writes:

>*GRATUITOUS FLAME*
>  BTW. somebody mentioned Susan Vega, when I saw her 2 (?) years ago at
>Glastonbury, it was the first time I'd heard the "man with no limbs"
>song, the intro and her expression whilst singing it (I was about 5m
>away), turned me forever off her :-(
>
>  Used to love her stuff saw he when she first came over to the UK, now
>she (mostly) causes the wrong sort of shiver to run down my spine
>*FLAME OFF*

Your loss, babe.  :)

Personally, I like her stuff...her unemotional delivery is appropriate to
her kind of cold lyrics...but I like that delivery.  It makes you dig deeper
for the emotions.  If anyone's confused, you must be referring to Suzanne
Vega's "Men In A War".

Drewcifer
** Andrew David Simchik, registered Scorpio ************* SCHNOPIA! *******
as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu