Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori in UK? Seen on BBC2 with Jools Holland

From: cobrin.sbd-e@rx.xerox.com (Steve Cobrin)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1992 20:28:15 GMT
Subject: Tori in UK? Seen on BBC2 with Jools Holland
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@spectrum.xerox.com

Saw Tori Amos last night on Jools Holland's (From Squeeze) BBC2 late
night show, looked good, sounded great, both old songs (can't remember
cos I was just about to crash out and just held it together long enough
to tape it)

Does this mean she's in the UK at the moment? Any shows/appearances
planned?

Whilst talking about Katelikes and stuff, anybody remember Toyah?
[early 80's, swapped between Acting and Singing and back again, now
married to Brian Eno] Was she really all that bad? :-) I quite liked
her stuff, and she was (at least in the UK) a contender with Kate

*GRATUITOUS FLAME*
  BTW. somebody mentioned Susan Vega, when I saw her 2 (?) years ago at
Glastonbury, it was the first time I'd heard the "man with no limbs"
song, the intro and her expression whilst singing it (I was about 5m
away), turned me forever off her :-(

  Used to love her stuff saw he when she first came over to the UK, now
she (mostly) causes the wrong sort of shiver to run down my spine
*FLAME OFF*

Anybody know what Dagmar Krause is doing recently? Used to love her Slapp
Happy stuff. Watch our for "Rainbirds" similar germanic/brechtian feel.

Regards
	Steve