Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Happy Rhodes Warpaint

From: stevev@greylady.uoregon.edu (Steve VanDevender)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 92 11:06:37 PST
Subject: Happy Rhodes Warpaint
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Bob Morrow writes:
>Forgive me if this has already been asked, but . . .
>Is that Kate singing backup (and sometimes lead) volcals on Warpaint?

The only other vocalists besides Happy Rhodes on _Warpaint_ are
Mitch Elrod and Kevin Bartlett (if you count heavy breathing as
backing vocals).  Many people think that the high end of Happy's
vocal range sounds very much like Kate, though.  Happy has said
that in at least one song ("Would That I Could", from _Ecto_) she
was trying to sound like Kate as much as possible.