Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori / Sandman connection

From: Gord Locke <glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 92 18:00:10 GMT-3:30
Subject: Tori / Sandman connection
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (the rec.music.gaffa address)

	Although no doubt the original poster has a ton of e-mail
explaining this already, here's the deal (as I recall it):
	Tori Amos was a fan of Sandman, and so made reference to it in
the song "Tear in Your Hand" from _LE_.  She didn't know Neil Gaiman
(the creator and writer) at this point, but still referred to him by
name in the lyrics.  Of course, this did not escape his attention, and
in a recent issue of Sandman (either 41 or 42, I think) he had the song
"Tear in Your Hand" playing in the background.  In the letters column of
that same issue, there's something like "Hi, Tori --Neil".  I think I
read on this newsgroup that they have since met.
	Rabid Tori fans may feel free to correct or add to what I've
written here.
--
    Gord Locke, a.k.a.    |  We're here,  | "There is thunder | REDUCE,
 glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca | We're 'geers, |   in our hearts"  | RE-USE,