Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: sTuff

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 92 00:04:32 GMT
Subject: Re: sTuff
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <1992Dec4.182821.8246@blaze.cs.jhu.edu> heath@iceblink.cs.jhu.edu (Dave Heath) writes:

>REWOICC%ERENJ.BITNET@pucc.Princeton.EDU (a virtual stranger) writes:

>>same goes for "between a man and a woman." such a cliched title too. blech.

>Finally! This is by far my least favorite Kate song. The subject matter
>is not really that interesting, and Kate does little to bring anything
>special to it. And the way she sings the part "between a man and a woman"
>is grating.

>-dave heath

DISAGREEMENT!  DISAGREEMENT.

I think it's very interesting.  Is it about a divorce?  That's the
impression I get.  I'm going to spend a weekend analyzing the lyrics of TSW
about this song, Reaching Out, and the laugh thing.  I think there's some
room for reason in this debate!

Besides, she's sung much more gratingly in other songs.  I think you're all
just TSW-phobic!  Relax!  :)

Drewcifer
* Andrew David Simchik, a.k.a. Drewcifer ***************  SCHNOPIA! *******