Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"It's in the trees! It's coming!"

From: maus@fid.Morgan.COM (Malcolm Austin)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1992 18:15:17 -0500
Subject: "It's in the trees! It's coming!"
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I apologize if this is a FAQ (or answer to a FAQ).  I'm not a reqular
subscriber to rec.music.gaffa, but I am a fan of Kate's, and I came
across something quite by accident that I thought other fans would
appreciate knowing, if they don't already.

I was watching a movie called CURSE OF THE DEMON (original British
title NIGHT OF THE DEMON).  It is a much better film than the title
would suggest, but I won't bore you with the plot.  About one hour
into the film, there is a scene of a seance, and the medium (one Mr.
Meek) cries out, "Look!  It's in the trees!  It's coming!  The Demon!"

The middle part of that quotation immeadiately caught my Kate-Tuned
brain, and I pulled out my copy of THE WHOLE STORY, and, sure enough,
the shouted lines at the beginning of "Hounds of Love" were clearly
lifted from this movie's soundtrack.

Just thought you'd like to know.

    "George Phblat's new film, 'Benji Saves the Universe,' has brought
    the word 'BAD' to new levels of badness.  Bad acting.  Bad effects.
    Bad everything.  This film just oozed rottenness from every bad
    scene...Simply bad beyond all infinite dimensions of possible
    badness.  Well maybe not that bad, but Lord, it wasn't good."
--
=Malcolm Austin==w:(212)703-6134==h:(914)633-3966==maus@fid.morgan.com=====