Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cloudbuster post from rhill/30 Oct

From: Kimberly Stauffer AMSTE-LGS 4900 <kstauff@APG-9.APG.ARMY.MIL>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 92 10:29:00 EST
Subject: Cloudbuster post from rhill/30 Oct
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi all,

On 30 October Ron Hill wrote:
>Anybody ever listen to an "environmental Music".......
>Normally I've always kind of looked down on this stuff, but I
>have to admit that I kinda enjoyed it.

I listen to alot of (I guess the industry calls it) New Age
music.  I call it "space music".  There is a 1 hour show
on public radio ( I  have a listing of all the stations around
the country that carry it) called Hearts of Space produced
out of San Francisco by Stephen Hill and the show is excellent.
Lots of "spacy/digital/synth" music.  The type of stuff you turn
off all the lights to, put on a neon light, turn up the music
lay on the floor and close your eyes.  Makes you thing your elsewhere.

Some artists to tune into are John Sarrie, Ray Lynch, some Kitaro
Lots of good stuff so don't Look down on it, you never know as you've
found out.

Ron also asked:
>Does anyone know of any text files on classical music?

I don't know of any text files on classical music but I do know
of a pretty decent users group for classical music.

CLASSM-L
To get signed on send to;
CLASSM-L-Request@BROWNVM.brown.edu

Actually I might of lied above there.  I am reading down through
my welcome message from the classical music list that I was
sent when I signed on and it says, Archive files can be obtained
by sending an "INDEX CLASSM-L" command to LISTSERV@BROWNVM.  Files
can be retrieved by means of a "GET CLASSM-L filetype" command.

Was this what you were looking for?

Sincerely,
Kate fan
KStauffer   "I said hey I wish that was me up there, its the biggest
             rocket I can find"