Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Happy Rhodes remixing

From: Angelos Kyrlidis <kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1992 18:35:39 GMT
Subject: Happy Rhodes remixing
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: News system <news@athena.mit.edu>

Hi,

On an unKaTe tangent Jon Drukman wrote:

>i think happy should have me and the twitch crew do a techno/rave remix.
>(although it'll probably turn out more tribal/progressive house given that
>that's what i'm listening to now...)  send me the a capella vocal track and
>a finished mix so i can have a reference point and watch out.

Jon wants to remix happy! Is that a compliment or what? ;)

YES YES YES!!! I would love to here a remix of two Happy Rhodes songs. One
is 'Poetic Justice' and one is 'Wrong Century'. They are both very rhythmic
and especially the first one isn't done justice :) by the album version.
The live version was amazing, and inspired me to write an accompanying rap
for it, and Greg was going to work on a noize/rap/techno version of poetic
Justice, but then he went to New Jersey (Hi footah!). Anyway, Jon, if you
are interested in remixing either of these songs, if you still have them
that is (I assume that after your review of Vickie's sampler you threw the tape
away :) ), please let us know. I am sure there are ectophiles out there who
would love to hear PoJo remixed, and given Happy's status as fan-friendly, who
knows they might even release it if they like it!!!

Angelos
|'My ears have parasites'-hApPy RhOdEs|