Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: which maniac?

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 92 23:58:11 GMT
Subject: Re: which maniac?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <00416.2803814578.23470@instance.com> toc@digitalk.com (Tim O'Connor) writes:

>REGARDING                which maniac?
>people:

>For some reason I woke up this morning with a strong urge to buy some 10,000
>Maniacs. So I put forth the never answerable question: With which album
>should I start? Just to keep Love-Hounds clean you might consider mailing to
>me directly instead of thru the list but whatever.

>obKaTe: All the recent sexual orientation vs. kate talk makes me even more
>glad that Measure 9 failed here in Oregon. The OCA intrudes into peoples
>private preferences too much to already to add Kate to the list!

>more obKate: Back in my much younger days I had also assumed most male
>KaTefen (tm) were attracted to her at least half because of her looks. Sure
>her singing on that Saturday Night Live eons past sent my brain reeling but
>seeing her slink around that piano sent a bullet straight to my gut!

>to'c

>--
>"A typical long haired half mad computer programmer on a typical computer
>keyboard with odd toys scattered liberally about."

DON'T start with the new album, Our Time In Eden...it really bites.  The
Wishing Chair is kind of folksy/indie, In My Tribe is poppy but well-made,
Blind Man's Zoo is alternative and dark.  I started with BMZ and then IMT,
and I would recommend either one highly.  The rerelease album, Hope Chest,
is also cool but I wouldn't start with it.  Get the Blue one or the Purple
one.  Let me know what you think!

To all who read this: drop the orientation thing.  It's irrelevant and
mighty offensive, especially to us bi's.

I almost never like an artist for looks.  You can't see Kate while you're
listening to her music.  Make no mistake, she's exquisite, but I'd be
insulted if I were accused of listening to her on the basis of sex.  Her
music is transcendent and that's the sum of it.

Drewcifer