Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: Sarah and Tori on CBC

From: Richard Moynes <MOYNES_R%PCSDEV.dnet@eismv3.dofasco.ca>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1992 16:57:22 EST
Subject: re: Sarah and Tori on CBC
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Good Day, eh:

  Caught Tori Amos in Toronto last week.  Great show.  Unfortunately my
friends in Toronto didn't get tickets in time before they sold out, so I had
to go by myself :-(.  The good news is that because I was alone I was able to
snag an empty seat in the 6th row sitting beside 3 girls :-).  She played
most of Little Earthquakes with plenty of breaks to chat with the audience
thrown in, as well as "Angie", "Teen Spirit", and "Whole Lotta Love" which led
into "Thank You".
  Thanks to Berton Wong and Sean Culhane for posting the info about Sarah and
Tori on CBC.  I just got my cassette deck back from the shop, so now I guess
I'll have to break down and buy a tuner.  I've been meaning to get one for a
while, so this gives me a valid excuse.
  Another thanks to everyone involved in gathering all the stuff available on
the FTP site.  I recently joined the world of PC owners and have been eagerly
FTPing ever since.
  Dumb question time: Are the filenames on the FTP site case-sensitive (upper
or lower case)?  I was able to get some GIFs from pix/gif.new, but couldn't
get any from pix/gif.saintjohn.  The only difference I could see is that the
..new files are all lower case while the .saintjohn ones are all upper case, and
I used lower case "get filename" commands for both.  Those are the only two
areas I've tried so far and I'm on a VMS site in case that matters.

Thanks,

Richard (who'll know if his .signature file works when he sees this tomorrow)