Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Technology Bites It

From: fmcquarr@sfu.ca
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 92 12:39:08 PST
Subject: Technology Bites It
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

While flipping through the monthly FAQ a thought occurred to me regarding
THE GARDEN, KATE BUSH IN HER OWN WORDS, and the other lovely goodies
available in archive files.

There are unfortunately those among us (self included) who are, shall we
say, technologically challenged. That is, without the faintest frigging
idea of how to make our particular computer systems retrieve these items
in readable/usable form.

So...has there ever been any thought given to making these available
ON PAPER (gasp), charging the costs of photocopying and postage to{
those who wish to obtain them?

If the problem is copyright, might I suggest a little phrase I see
in ads for videos which have clearly been copied off late-night TV
shows or long-forgotten originals = "sold for collectors' use only".

Fiona McQuarrie
fmcquarr@sfu.ca