Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A STRAIGHT KaTefan

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 92 01:57:20 GMT
Subject: Re: A STRAIGHT KaTefan
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <1992Nov3.180821.23374@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca> awalsh@mta.ca (Andrew Walsh) writes:

>As the sub says, I am a Straight-as-an-arrow KaTefan. I just
>felt the need to say that. I don't want people assuming I'm gay

>because I like KaTe. Sheesh, that's HARDLY a criteria. So, come
>out of the closet, StaighTKaTefans, and tell the heterosexual
>world it's OK to like The Goddess.

>  ______________________________________________________________
>  I "I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now."I
>  I                - TMBG, "Lucky Ball & Chain"                I
>  I                  "Get three coffins ready."                I
>  I          - Clint Eastwood, "A Fistful Of Dollars"          I
>  I Andrew Walsh/Batman/The Phantom/Nightshade | awalsh@mta.ca I
>  I <<<<<<<It's all the same, yet completely different.>>>>>>> I

Yeah, well, I'm a bisexual KaTefan, and people constantly assume I'm
straight or gay (depending on the situation).  Doesn't worry me none.  Taste
in music and sexual orientation have nothing to do with one another, nor
should they.  So stop worrying, man.  Although may I say that it's pretty
difficult for STRAIGHT people to "come out of the closet," since they aren't
pretending to be something they're not.  Unless you've been pretending to be
a gay KaTefan?  That'd be a switch.  ;)

--Andrew D. Simchik