Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: All Kinds of stuff.

From: "N. Richard Caldwell" <nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 02 Nov 1992 23:56:49 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: All Kinds of stuff.
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill),
  in article <iJPHTB1w165w@netrun.cts.com> writes:

>         I've been thinking lately that perhaps we should think about
> changing the name of the "Katemas" parties.  I like the name KateFest
> myself.  The reason I think this might be a good idea is that many
> people might here the name "Katemas" and actually take it seriously (it
> is kinda meant as a joke, isn't it?  :-), and that those people might
> feel somewhat hesitant towards going to a party named that.  I myself
> have always felt somewhat uncomfortable with the name.

Geesh, Ron.  Are you trying to be the Grinch that stole Katemas?  Sorry,
it's all in good fun and anyone who can't handle the good fun can just not
come.  People can call their parties whatever they please, we'll continue
to have Katemas.

>                 I was also wondering about what people would think
> about have something like a REC.MUSIC.GAFFA.INFO newgroup.

I think it would last about 30 seconds before getting completely buried in
news.groups.  You'd be lucky if it didn't drag rec.music.gaffa down with
it.   rec.music.gaffa doesn't have the readership or traffic to justify a
sub-group.  It would be a simple enough matter to offer a Kate only version
of the mailing list if anyone cares enough to run such a thing.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  nrc@bsbbs.Columbus.OH.US