Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News admin <news@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 92 17:27:56 PST
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.COM (Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic)
Subject: Re: Kate stuff in Berkeley - where?
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1992 01:26:24 GMT
Sender: news@sco.com (News admin)

I am not brownfld@rcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield).  I didn't say:
>     Amoeba records on Telegraph Ave. (?) was a good place to check when I
>went there last year.
>     Tower records is also a good place to look (there is one in SF right?)

there's even one in berkeley - right around the corner from amoeba (it's on
durant, i believe).  unfortunately, it sucks.  i can't imagine they'd have
anything beyond the normal album releases.

also in berkeley is mod lang.  i forget where that is though.  check a phone
book.

i second the recommendation for amoeba - it kicks butt.

in san francisco proper, i wouldn't know where to look really.  i'd probably
suggest aquarius records in noe valley and streetlight records (one in noe,
right near aquarius, and one on market street near noe - there's also a
tower records near market & noe...)

if you get over to the haight, there's recycled records and reckless
records.  both are on haight.  reckless is at haight & masonic and recycled
is a few blocks west of that.  don't bother with rough trade - they suck.

--
Jon Drukman (God's personal DJ)                 uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
Lettuce is the kick drum of the salad.                                - Mike W.