Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Carter Bennett <carter@cmptrc.lonestar.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 92 22:10 CST
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Tao thanks
Sender: carter@cmptrc.lonestar.org
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1992 04:09:58 GMT

In article <o139sB1w165w@netrun.cts.com> rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill) writes:
>        In the face of the inevitable critism that will desend on Pete
>for the massive posting, I'd like to thank him for it.  I like having
>(and making!) "books on disk" and this will be good to add to my
>collection.

Agreed.  BTW, the original book has TONS of translations, no two of which
seem to agree.  Best way to study it is with _several_ translations.  So,
I am particularly glad to see another person's "composite" of several
translations.  I have five, and this composite will make an interesting
"reality check."

Sure, there will be a few stern messages to Pete, I imagine.  But at least
two of us appreciated the data-stream! :-)

Cheerio!

Carter R. Bennett, Jr. - Scientist | "Oh my God!  I _AM_ a nerd!!!"
carter@scilab.lonestar.org - home  | - C. Bennett, Sept 25, 1992, after
carter@cmptrc.lonestar.org - work  | realizing he had been talking about
KI5SR          | market availability of "preconfigured" Toll-House cookies.