Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Get Out Of My House

From: goldberg@math.tau.ac.il
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 92 9:34:06 EET
Subject: Get Out Of My House
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Love-Hounds)

Hello everybody.
It was suggested lately that Get Out Of My House is about rape.
I don't think so. I read it carefully with a friend of mine who heard
it for the first time (He liked it a lot!), and we came up with the idea
that the house is actually the woman's heart, her inner self, and she
locks it and won't let that guy in again.

"No stranger feet will enter me
 I wash the panes, I clean the stains"

this is as if the house is speaking, but it seems that it's a part of the
woman, and as later stated, this house knows all about her.

						Uri Goldberg