Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Toni Childs, Tori Amos, Sarah McLachlan, Sinead O'Connor, PG

From: boek@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Christopher Boek)
Date: 13 Oct 92 02:32:45 GMT
Subject: Re: Toni Childs, Tori Amos, Sarah McLachlan, Sinead O'Connor, PG
To: rec-music-gaffa@dkuug.dk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.mu.oz.au

vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes) writes:

>>PETER GABRIEL  -- Us

>>Peter Gabriel's US starts off with 4 or 5 brilliant tracks in a row, but the
>>last couple of songs do not seem to grab my attention as much.

>I've come to love every single song. Even "Steam" though it's still my
>least favorite on the album.

I've come to love them all too (mind you it didn't take much *:) ), but
I heard 'Steam' first as 'Quiet Steam' the B-track off the 'Digging in
the Dirt' single, and came to love that song then. I have to say that I
really like the album version, but that I prefer the quiet version.

I think that my favourite song off the album is 'Washing of the Water'.
So simple, yet so strong. It never fails to stir me.

my $0.02,

Chris.

--
|Christopher Boek                               boek@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU|
|  Dept ElecEng, University of Melbourne,  Parkville Vic 3052 Australia |