Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: RUTH Lyrics

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 92 16:00:56 GMT
Subject: Re: RUTH Lyrics
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

	The lyric in "Running Up That Hill" does not read "slap our faces";
it is "swap our places."  Presumably Kate refers to allowing her partner to
experience female sexual pleasure while herself experiencing male sexual
pleasure.
	And considering all the confusion over lyrics, and considering how
wonderful those lyrics are, why has Kate never published a collection of
lyrics and overdubs?  Seems to me this would be an indispensable item.

				Keep Dreaming,
				Andrew D. Simchik

PS This is my first-ever posting.  If I'm missing any protocol, someone
please let me know.  My opinions and the U of R's are worlds apart.