Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: RUTH Lyrics

From: v115p8d6@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (I have a cunning plan...)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1992 17:47:00 GMT
Subject: Re: RUTH Lyrics
News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.41
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nntp@acsu.buffalo.edu

In article <1992Oct7.160056.19701@galileo.cc.rochester.edu>, as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik) writes...

>	The lyric in "Running Up That Hill" does not read "slap our faces";
>it is "swap our places."  Presumably Kate refers to allowing her partner to
>experience female sexual pleasure while herself experiencing male sexual
>pleasure.

huh? I may be way off here but I had always assumed that lyric to mean
that she wishes she could trade places so that they could understand
each other's point of view.

>	And considering all the confusion over lyrics, and considering how
>wonderful those lyrics are, why has Kate never published a collection of
>lyrics and overdubs?  Seems to me this would be an indispensable item.

It would indeed. However, someone has put together a complete listing
of the lyrics off all her albums, including bootlegs, that include things
spoken in the background, spoken backwards (!) and spoken in a foreign
language....in other words, the things you usually can't get on a lyric
sheet.:-)
I don't know the ftp site that you can get them off of but I am sure
that someone here could help you with it.