Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

let tori bitch!

From: Dick Locke <wiltel!dlocke@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 92 07:20:57 -0500
Subject: let tori bitch!
To: uunet!love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Larry Spence gave an executive summary of an article describing Tori being
a bitch during the soundcheck:
>...Tori was a real b*tch during the sound check before
>her show.  She whined a lot about her mix being just so, and then insisted
>that none of the mic stands, monitors, piano, etc., could be moved for the
>opening acts.  So the other bands had to crowd on stage around her mics and
>equipment, being careful not to bump into anything.  Maybe the writer just
>had it in for her, but Tori was made out to be a real pain in the ass.

I say: Good for Tori!  She cares about how she sounds, which is more
than I can say for some other groups I've seen!

If you read the excellent interview with Ian, her sound guy, that was
transcribed several weeks ago, you know that Tori likes her monitors
loud.  This makes it very difficult to avoid feedback problems with the
piano mikes; so the placement has to be just so.  There's no way the
two floorstanding mikes, the piano, or monitors could be moved without
requiring another full soundcheck.

If I were her I'd be exactly the same way.

-Dick