Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Over the Rhine

From: andrew abernathy <andrew%wire.UUCP@mathcs.emory.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 92 23:29:55 -0400
Subject: Re: Over the Rhine
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

In article <01GPJ9Q4VRUO8Y5185@MPS.OHIO-STATE.EDU>
TREADWAY@MPS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (JOEL TREADWAY) writes:

> You may want to check out the Cincinnati band OVER THE RHINE -

> especially Innocence Mission fans.  I believe they have one minor
> label release and a recent "major" label release.

	I saw this group in Atlanta several months back when they
opened up for Adrian Belew.  Great shows from both!!  I
bought the CD at the concert: "'Til We Have Faces."  (1991,
Scampering Songs.)  It's very good.  Parts of the album
could perhaps be a bit more "stable," but overall it was an
excellent purchase!!  (Specially good tracks:  "If I'm
Drowning" and "Ubiquitous Hands.")  I wrote them asking
to be updated if they came out with any other albums; they
sent back info on their new album, "Patience," which I
also purchased.  (1992, Scampering Songs Publishing and
GMMI Music.)  I thought the first album was better, but I
must admit to having only listened to it once or twice so
far... I was on a kick with some other group when I got the
album, listened to it once, and haven't gotten back to it
yet.

	If I'm deluged with requests for more impressions of
"Patience," I'll make sure to listen to it more closely
and post a few comments on it.

--
andrew_abernathy@wire.gwinnett.com (NeXTmail gleefully accepted)
I'll deny I ever said it