Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Homeground Looking at the Big Sky

From: nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: 05 Oct 1992 15:13:08 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Homeground Looking at the Big Sky
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I found and interesting new user request on The Big Sky this weekend.

|04-Oct-92 09:18 - peter (Peter FitzGerald-Morr)
|Password: xxxxxxxx Phone: xxxxxxxxxxx Real: Peter
|
|> vt100
|> This is HOMEGROUND calling
|* Calling again? y

I recognized the name immediately even though our system doesn't accept
he possibility of a name that long.   Of course, we weren't about to
validate this without making sure it was for real.  That last thing we'd
want would be someone signing up under this name as a prank.

Missy called the number supplied and spoke with Peter.  The request is
for real.  The folks at Homeground have broken into the net world!

Of course, I can't imagine that it would be practical for them to keep
up with Love-Hounds at international rates (even though Gaffa has been
pretty quiet lately) so I gave Peter contact numbers for the three
NIXPUB listed Public access systems in the UK (two in London, one in
Middlesex).   The catch is that there is still an access fee associated
with all of these.

Are there any UK Love-Hounds able to advise on which system the folks
at Homeground can access most economically?  Is there anyone over there
willing and able to help them discover the strange and wonderful world of
network mail and newsreaders?

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.Columbus.OH.US