Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori in BAM

From: larry@cs.com (Larry Spence)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1992 18:27:47 GMT
Subject: Re: Tori in BAM
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1992Oct5.035059.22026@netcom.com> blondie@netcom.com (jill) writes:
>The October 2,1992 Bay Area Music Mag (BAM) Has Tori on the cover and an
>article inside 'Little Earthquakes and Continuing Tremors - Tori Amos'
>by Jonathan Mudd.

Last week's Dallas Observer (local entertainment/events rag) had an item
on Tori's performance at Deep Ellum Live (she played in Ft. Worth last night,
too, but I didn't go).  I don't have the article in front of me, but the
executive summary is: Tori was a real b*tch during the sound check before
her show.  She whined a lot about her mix being just so, and then insisted
that none of the mic stands, monitors, piano, etc., could be moved for the
opening acts.  So the other bands had to crowd on stage around her mics and
equipment, being careful not to bump into anything.  Maybe the writer just
had it in for her, but Tori was made out to be a real pain in the ass.

--
Larry Spence
larry@cs.com