Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Corrupted files on ftp.uu.net

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 92 17:40:23 BST
Subject: Corrupted files on ftp.uu.net
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Sender: st@dcs.edinburgh.ac.uk

Not only are the Cloudbusting GIF files on ftp.uu.net corrupted
(according to a friend of mine who dissects GIF files for fun, there
seem to be random bytes missing from one of the files I downloaded),
but the .zip files seem to be screwed too (according to PKunzip). The
.txt.Z files are OK though.

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science, / "Can I assume you're pissed out of
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,    /  your head on 'Big Sky', on the new