Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

These boots were made for walking

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1992 19:26:50 GMT
Subject: These boots were made for walking
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@sti.com

Well, I just got my mailing from Intergalactic Garage.  Here's what I'm
ordering from them:  Nothing.

Not because of any politics, attitude, or any other excuse like that.  It's
just that they don't have anything I want (at the moment).  If I were just
starting out my music collection, it would be a Goldmine (put your own joke
here), but they didn't have the one thing that interests me at the moment:
the Never Forever Boxed Set (rumor has it that it includes a life-size blowup
doll of Kate).  I want to keep getting mail from them - they have potential,
but they swung & missed this time 'round.

Still no word from C-Side.

Also, this debate about boots:

I don't dislike bootlegs not for any moral reason (I try to avoid having
morals unless I can make money from them), but because 80% of the boots out
there (not just Kate, but other artists, both ones I like & the Grateful
Dead) are Live in Concert bootlegs, and I don't even like most "Studio"
live albums, never mind ones that sound like they were recorded off of a
"My first Sony".  As for bootlegs of "Rare Sessions" (such as the 8,000+
Beatles Abbey Road sessions), do I REALLY care if they have a version of
"Here Comes the Sun" with an extra two notes at the end? (Or, to put it
in Katian Terms, a version of "Experiment IV" with a so-overused-it-could-
be-a-Saturday-Night-Live-skit-voice-over?  I think not.

Bootlegs I approve of:  Ones of songs you can't get anywhere else, or at least
for a reasonable price (such as, say, they Cathy Demos).  If I could buy an
official everyone-gets-the-royalties-they-deserve of Kate's B-Sides, I would
in a minute.  But I can't, so recorded it from a friend who spent gobs of
cash on TWW boxed set.  Hey, XTC has a couple of rarities & B's albums,
why can't Kate? (Outside the boxed set, I mean).

- Stev0 the frugal

________________________________________ ___I_`.*.'_B_ __________"I just know
       Steve Berlin               .   K +  * .o   o.* `.`O +.   |that some-
       stev0@sti.com             '   *  . ' ' |\^/|  `. * .  *  |thing good
[Rush quote removed from      (: May All Your  \V/  Good Dreams |is gonna
 here. I have SOME taste.]    and Fine Wishes  /_\  Come True:) |happen!" -
.sig (c) 1992 by Mike Jittlov [for all the protection that affords]
.sig re-mixed by Stev0 (c) 1992 - extended warlord bait remix.
--
Stev0@sti.com
This is a kibo .signature virus.  Kibo's .sig file has now